Monday, August 10, 2009

Holy Moly!

I have a date...a date...a very important date! September 28th is the day that will change my life! My gastric bypass surgery is set for September 28th at about 9:45 in the morning. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. For the last couple of weeks I could hardly sleep because I was so anxious about approval from the insurance company. Now I can hardly sleep because I am so excited! And to make it all even more exciting, my Momma is going to come take care of me. I am so blessed!

While I was disappointed that the surgery couldn't be scheduled in August, as I had hoped, this works out so much better. God decided I didn't need to have to reschedule a bunch of people at work. Instead, my work calendar was completely blank for the week of surgery and and the next two weeks, which allows me the recovery time needed and makes it possible for me to ease back into work after being off for two weeks. This also makes it easier on my Assistant! My two co-workers who have had the surgery agreed that easing back into work is certainly best. The plan is for the surgery to be laproscopic but it is still major surgery.

That is all for now...I am still processing the fact that this is really going to happen. I will have much more to say...but later!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you Robbie! YOU HAVE A DATE. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!!

    ReplyDelete